2022 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
The Jeep Wrangler has been an icon on the American roads for almost 40 years, and it’s not hard to see why! This Jeep flagship boasts powerful performance specs, legendary off-road capability, and sophisticated technology, all wrapped up in a robust exterior frame. One of the highlights of the new Jeep Wrangler is its towing capacity, more than capable of hauling heavy cargo around Blackfoot and beyond. How much can the Jeep Wrangler tow? The team at Ron Sayer's Chrysler Jeep Dodge has all the details in the guide below!
How Much Can the Jeep Wrangler Tow?
The maximum Jeep Wrangler towing capacity is 3,500 pounds. However, this depends on which configuration you choose. The Jeep Wrangler can be configured with either two or four doors, with some trim levels only available in the four-door configuration. Here are the details:
- The maximum towing capacity for the two-door models is 2,000 pounds, while the towing capacity for the four-door models is 3,500.
- Six trims–Sport Altitude, Sahara, Sahara Altitude, High Tide, High Altitude, and Rubicon 392–are only available in four-door configuration, meaning they automatically tow the maximum capacity of 3,500 pounds.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
The Jeep Wrangler towing capacity is supported by plenty of performance-enhancing features, designed to make hauling cargo around Pocatello and beyond as smooth and safe as possible. Every new Jeep Wrangler comes with front and rear heavy-duty tow hooks, while upgrading to the Heavy-Duty Electrical Group package gains you access to the following tools:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
Jeep Wrangler 4×4 Systems
One of the highlights of owning a Jeep is the ability to off-road with ease. If you want to leave Pocatello and hit the trails, you can engage one of these three robust 4×4 systems:
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 uses two-wheel drive when you’re moving over a clear road, but switches to 4×4 whenever you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 uses a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to deliver excellent off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 is the preferred option for towing because it allows you to select a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces. Of course, it also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for adventures that take you over rough terrain.
Get Hands-On Experience with Your Own Jeep Wrangler!
There’s plenty more to love about the new Jeep Wrangler, and Ron Sayer's Chrysler Jeep Dodge is the perfect place to learn! Contact our office for more information about the Jeep Wrangler features and capabilities, or stop by our dealership to talk to a member of our team in person. You can also contact us to set up a test drive around Rexburg, and we’ll get you behind the wheel in no time! You can also check out some of our service tips for more ways to make the most of your Wrangler, such as how to take the doors off!
More from Ron Sayer's Chrysler Jeep Dodge
The New Jeep Grand Cherokee L, formally known as the Jeep Grand Cherokee L, is a three-row SUV that showcases a long list of impressive features. What’s more, there are six New Jeep Grand Cherokee L configurations, meaning that this lineup offers something for every SUV lover. Find out more about the New Jeep…
The 2022 Jeep Gladiator is all-new and it represents Jeep’s latest entry into the world of pickup trucks. If you’re on the hunt for a truck that’s both a work machine and knows how to hit the trails in Blackfoot, this just might be the truck for you. And with the 2022 Jeep Gladiator…
The all-terrain Grand Wagoneer SUV is not only built for the trails; it’s built for luxury as well! This new vehicle is available for a starting MSRP of $88,440* and you’ll get three rows with plenty of luxuries for Blackfoot. You’ll get a smooth ride, a plush interior, and plenty of towing as well….