How Much Can the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tow?
From exciting getaways with the family to extra help at the jobsite, the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity expands your capabilities around Blackfoot. But, how much can a Grand Cherokee tow? When properly equipped, the 2022 Grand Cherokee can handle up to 7,200 pounds.
The new Grand Cherokee offers four engine options and plenty of performance technology to make your trips around Idaho Falls easier. Learn more about the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capabilities with Ron Sayer's Chrysler Jeep Dodge, and find the model for you. If you’re ready to explore the Grand Cherokee in person, contact us to schedule a test drive today!
Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity by Engine
With four powerful engine options, you can find the right performance for your trips around Pocatello. However, how much the Grand Cherokee can tow depends on which engine you choose. Across the lineup, the Grand Cherokee can tow between 6,000 to 7,200 pounds. Let’s take a look at the specs for each engine:
With the 3.6L PENTASTAR® V6 ENGINE
- 6,200 pounds towing capacity
- 293 hp / 260 lb-ft of torque
- 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
With the 5.7L HEMI® V8 ENGINE
- 7,200 pounds towing capacity
- 357 hp / 390 lb-ft of torque
- 8-speed automatic transmission
With the 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo PHEV ENGINE
- 6,000 pounds towing capacity
- 375 hp / 470 lb-ft of torque
- 8-speed automatic transmission
Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Technology
As you can see, no matter which model you choose, your adventures around Rexburg are backed by powerful performance. To further support your time towing on the road, the 2022 Grand Cherokee also features that bring ease to your trips when towing a small boat or trailer:
- High-Performance Brembo Brakes – With the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk® and SRT® configurations, these high performance use two-piece vented rotors, six-piston calipers, and 15-inch front rotors respectively for increased control.
- Hill Start Assist – If you’re facing hilly roads around Idaho Falls, this system prevents you from rolling backward when disengaging the brakes on an uphill incline. It provides enough force to keep you moving forward up the hill with ease.
- Hill Descent Control – When you’re making the most of the Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity, this feature allows you to control your descent by applying the brakes accordingly.
- Trailer Sway Control – Sway control allows you to maintain your SUV’s grip on the road when facing challenging conditions around Rexburg.
Personalize Your Grand Cherokee with Ron Sayer's Chrysler Jeep Dodge!
How does the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity fit your needs around Blackfoot? Make sure you have everything you need for your next adventure by exploring genuine Jeep accessories like floor and cargo liners, road safety kits, tent kits, and more! When you’re ready to take a model home, our car buying tips can take the guesswork out of the financing process.
More from Ron Sayer's Chrysler Jeep Dodge
The New Jeep Grand Cherokee L, formally known as the Jeep Grand Cherokee L, is a three-row SUV that showcases a long list of impressive features. What’s more, there are six New Jeep Grand Cherokee L configurations, meaning that this lineup offers something for every SUV lover. Find out more about the New Jeep…
The 2022 Jeep Gladiator is all-new and it represents Jeep’s latest entry into the world of pickup trucks. If you’re on the hunt for a truck that’s both a work machine and knows how to hit the trails in Blackfoot, this just might be the truck for you. And with the 2022 Jeep Gladiator…
The all-terrain Grand Wagoneer SUV is not only built for the trails; it’s built for luxury as well! This new vehicle is available for a starting MSRP of $88,440* and you’ll get three rows with plenty of luxuries for Blackfoot. You’ll get a smooth ride, a plush interior, and plenty of towing as well….